When it comes to wildlife found in the Baltimore County area, no one wants to come across a rat. Many Baltimore County homeowners are never sure what to do when rats become a problem and they are in need of rat removal services. Here are some commonly asked questions regarding rats and rat removal.
- Why do rats enter my Baltimore County home? Rats will enter a home to nest and find shelter from harsh elements. If your home has openings, gaps, or vents, rats will most likely be able to find a way into your home and behind your walls.
- What attracts rats? A number of things can attract rats to your home. Open trash left outdoors is a main draw for neighborhood rats. Pet food, pet droppings, and water are also things that will attract a rat to your yard and then home.
- How can I prevent rats from entering my home? Avoid leaving open food and trash in your yard. Have covers placed over your ventilation systems and close off any openings in your homes foundation. Avoid having clutter in your basement and attic areas to remove any potential nesting areas for rats.
- What should I do when I find rat droppings? Clean up the droppings and call Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control immediately. Even if you haven’t seen the rat yourself, the droppings are enough evidence to have a removal and control specialist visit your home.
- Is rat removal necessary? Rats can carry a number of diseases and parasites which can cause serious health problems for your family and domestic pets.
The professionals at Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control are trained to humanely handle rat control situations in the Baltimore County area. If wildlife finds a way into your Baltimore County home, our technicians will be able to remove the animals from your home as well. We will then identify where the critters entered your home to avoid future infestations. All methods and techniques used by Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control are humane and avoid stress and harm to the animal being removed. Never try to remove the animals on your own. This could cause harm to both you and the animal. To get started with Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control for rat removal and control services for the Baltimore County area, call us today at 443-417-3137 or visit our online contact page. We are available, so never hesitate to call. We are also available on weekends and holidays as well. Follow Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control today on Google+, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook.