As we continue to see dropping temperatures and poor weather in the Potomac area, much wildlife is left searching for shelter from the harsh elements. Because of this, some critters may find their way into your Potomac home. While it may seem harmless to let these animals remain in your home, it can really become quite hazardous and the animals should have never entered in the first place. Here are some ways Potomac residents can deter wildlife from entering their homes.
- Potomac residents should keep their yards free of trash, debris, and pet droppings. Having a constant source of food available will only attract wildlife and encourage the animals to return to the area.
- If trees are in your yard, use wiring to make it impossible to climb the trunk of the trees. Along with the wiring, be sure to trim down any branches that may reach to your roof. Trees tend to provide wildlife with direct access to your roof, which can lead them to your attic.
- If your Potomac home has a chimney, consider installing a chimney cap. A chimney cap will allow you to use your chimney and fireplace while preventing birds, bats, and squirrels from entering your chimney.
- Use mesh coverings to close off the openings to your ventilation systems. Wildlife tends to use the vents for your dryers to enter your basement easily.
- Regularly check your Potomac home for cracks and openings that a creature could use to enter your home easily.
The professionals at Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control are trained to humanely handle wildlife control situations in the Potomac area. If wildlife finds a way into your Potomac home, our technicians will be able to remove the animals from your home as well. We will then identify where the critters entered your home to avoid future infestations. All methods and techniques used by Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control are humane and avoid stress and harm to the animal being removed. Never try to remove the animals on your own. This could cause harm to both you and the animal. To get started with Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control for wildlife removal and control services for the Potomac area, call us today at 443-417-3137 or visit our online contact page. We are available, so never hesitate to call. We are also available on weekends and holidays as well. Follow Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control today on Google+, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook.