As the winter season gets closer, Howard County residents are being faced with a squirrel prevention problem. With so many creatures attempting to find shelter from the cold weather, squirrels are beginning to find their way into your Howard County home. This means that Howard County residents are in need of squirrel prevention services to prevent any serious damage from taking place to their Howard County home. There are several steps to take in order to help with squirrel prevention for your Howard County home.
- Never leave any food outdoors for prolonged periods of time. This means if you keep your domestic pets outdoors, their food and water bowls should be brought in immediately after your pet has finished eating. This also means that bird feed should not be left in your yard as well.
- Check your home regularly for any openings and gaps. This includes areas in your basement, roof, and attic that squirrels could use to enter your home. If you find gaps or cracks along your foundation, have them filled immediately.
- Consider installing vent covers and chimney caps to prevent squirrels from using these necessary openings to enter your home. These coverings will close the gaps enough to prevent squirrels from entering while still allowing proper air flow.
- Cut back tree branches that fall close to your roof. Squirrels can use these branches to gain access to your roof.
- If you have piles of firewood in your yard, be sure they are never stacked next to your home. These piles will give squirrels a way to climb the side of your home.
The professionals at Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control are trained to humanely handle squirrel prevention situations in the Howard County area. If squirrels find a way into your Howard County home, our technicians will be able to remove the animals from your home as well. We will then identify where the squirrels entered your home to avoid future infestations. All methods and techniques used by Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control are humane and avoid stress and harm to the animal being removed. Never try to remove the animals on your own. This could cause harm to both you and the animal. To get started with Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control, call us today at 443-417-3137 or visit our online contact page. We are available, so never hesitate to call. Follow Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control today on Google+, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook.