Those who live in Montgomery County take pride in where they live. This means that Montgomery County homeowners will take any necessary precautions to avoid wildlife damage from occurring in their home. These precautions often times include squirrel prevention. While some residents may not think squirrel prevention services are needed, they are almost always necessary.
Squirrel Prevention: What is it?
Squirrel prevention includes easy steps Montgomery County homeowners can take to keep squirrels from entering their home. Some squirrel prevention steps include:
- Determine if your home includes any cracks, holes, or other openings that a squirrel could use to enter your home. These entry points usually occur in a basement or an attic. If you find these areas, use mesh or other materials to close the openings.
- If your Montgomery County yard has trees that have branches reaching your roof, trim them. Squirrels can use the branches of the trees to gain access to your roof and attic.
- Firewood should not remain stacked against the side of your home. This not only provides shelter for squirrels but also gives them a way to climb your home for an opening.
- Squirrels love feed for birds, so remove any feeders you may have. If you have open food near a window, ensure the food is covered so squirrels can’t smell it.
- Implement gutter guards to remove an entrance point for squirrels into your home.
Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control Squirrel Prevention
The professionals at Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control are trained to humanely handle squirrel prevention situations in the Montgomery County area. If squirrels find a way into your Montgomery County home, our technicians will be able to remove the animals from your home as well. We will then identify where the squirrels entered your home to avoid future infestations. All methods and techniques used by Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control are humane and avoid stress and harm to the animal being removed. Never try to remove the animals on your own. This could cause harm to both you and the animal. To get started with Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control for squirrel prevention, call us today at 443-417-3137 or visit our online contact page. We are available, so never hesitate to call. We are also available on weekends and holidays as well. Follow Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control today on Google+, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook.