There are ten different species of bats that can be found in the state of Maryland, with some being spotted in the Elkridge area. While bats are extremely helpful and essential to the ecosystem within Elkridge, homeowners never want to find a bat roosting in their basement or attic. Because of this, many Elkridge residents are curious about how to deter bats from entering their homes. It is important to remember that while deterring bats is fine, you should never use methods that could potentially harm the animal.
- The first way Elkridge residents can deter bats from their home is to remove their potential food sources. This means to eliminate any stagnant water or other materials that could attract any type of insect, like mosquitos. If bats fail to find food, they will move somewhere else.
- Elkridge homeowners should close any points of entry into their home that a bat could potentially use. This includes openings in siding, holes in your roof tiles and even ventilation openings. Covering your dryer and kitchen vent with a mesh cover will prevent bats from entering your home while allowing your ventilation system to work properly.
- Chimney caps are helpful when deterring bats from the homes in Elkridge because it eliminates a place for bats to roost. Bats tend to gravitate towards chimneys, which can also result in the animal becoming stuck.
If you should ever come across a bat in your Elkridge home, never attempt to move the animal yourself. Remember that bats are helpful to the environment and shouldn’t be harmed simply because they are in your home. The professionals at Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control are trained to humanely handle bat control situations in the Elkridge area. If wildlife finds a way into your Elkridge home, our technicians will be able to remove the animals from your home as well. We will then identify where the critters entered your home to avoid future infestations. All methods and techniques used by Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control are humane and avoid stress and harm to the animal being removed. Never try to remove the animals on your own. This could cause harm to both you and the animal. To get started with Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control for bat removal and control services for the Elkridge area, call us today at 443-417-3137 or visit our online contact page. We are available, so never hesitate to call. We are also available on weekends and holidays as well. Follow Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control today on Google+, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook.
When you find trees, you are sure to find birds, which will then mean Elkridge, Maryland has both. While trees and birds are both positive attributes for Elkridge residents, birds can become out of hand and cause serious problems. This is why Elkridge resident, along with other Howard County residents, occasionally need bird control services by professionals, rather than attempting the job on their own.
While birds may appear harmless because of their size, they can actually pack a big punch of damage to your Elkridge home. As birds attempt to find ways into your Elkridge home, they can cause serious damage to the structure and foundation of your home. Holes and gaps created by birds in your attic and siding can lead to future water damage to your home. If birds find a successful way into your Elkridge home, they can then cause even more damage to your living space. Furniture, floors, and other personal items can become damaged due to bird droppings and other activity. Birds can also enter your home using HVAC systems, vents, and chimneys. Should the birds become stuck in these systems, they could die and create a hazardous living environment. They can also cause severe damage to your HVAC or ventilation system as well. If a bird becomes trapped in your Elkridge chimney, you are also facing a serious fire hazard. Birds also tend to create nests in gutter systems as well, especially if leaves are already stuck, which could then lead to gutter damage and more water damage to your home. If birds have become a problem in Elkridge, never take matters into your own hands. Some people may think poison is the best way to handle pesky birds, when really it makes the matter worse. The poison given to the bird can enter the environment through the soil or water as the bird begins to decompose, creating an even more hazardous situation for residents. Instead, call the professionals at Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control. Our technicians are trained to use only the most humane barrier and exclusion techniques when dealing with bird control. There is never a reason to harm an animal if it is only trying to find a home. To get started with us for Elkridge bird control, call us today at 443-417-3137 or visit our online contact page. We are available, so never hesitate to call. Follow Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control today on Google+, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook.
Elkridge is a comfortable town found in Howard County, Maryland. When you invest money into your Elkridge home, you don’t want it to become damaged due to wildlife entering your property. However, there is never a need to harm the wildlife once it has entered our home. Chances are your home destroyed the home of the critter in front of you. One of the critters that could find its way into your Elkridge home is the bat. When most people think of bats, they think of scary, dirty creatures that only come out in the dark and live to attack humans. With this state of mind, it’s no surprise that people panic and attack bats that are found in their home. While it is true that bats don’t have any business staying in your home, that doesn’t mean you should try to harm the animal. Bats are actually very helpful to our ecosystem for three main reasons:
- Dispersing of Seeds- When it comes to spreading seeds for plants and flowers, nothing comes close to the work bats do. Bats are actually more effective in spreading seeds than birds.
- Controlling Pests- The diet of bats consist mainly of insects that can damage crops and gardens. Most farmers are in agreement that bats are a helpful and natural way to keep their crops safe and healthy from insects.
- Pollinating- Bats are an excellent way to naturally pollinate crops and flowers. Bats also help to keep the pollinating diverse in all areas.
While bats are essential creatures to our ecosystem, they can’t help it when they are stuck in your home. When you find bats in your home, call the professionals at Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control. Our technicians specialize in the humane removal of bats from your home. We understand how important bats are to our ecosystem which is why we use the most humane techniques to remove bats from your home. If you suspect bats in your Elkridge home, call Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control at 443.417.3137 or visit our contact page. We are available. Follow Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control today on Google+, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter.