Jessup residents are never short of birds within their area. While these birds may seem harmless and beneficial for the environment, they can actually cause serious damage to your Jessup home. If birds are left to nest within your home, you could be faced with thousands of dollars in damage to your Jessup home. To avoid these damages, take these steps to avoid birds entering your home.
- Remove any food source from your yard. Birds will keep returning if they find a reliable food source. If you want to help feed the birds in the Jessup area, spread food in local parks closer to their natural habitat. This way, you can help while keeping the birds from your home.
- Install a chimney cap for your Jessup chimney to prevent birds from creating a nest. Not only can a nest damage your chimney, it can also create a serious fire hazard. Birds that become stuck and nests can cause a block in your chimney, preventing smoke to leave your home and possible fires to start.
- Check your basement and attic for any gaps and holes. These can be used by birds to enter your home and create a nest. Use a covering to prevent birds from using the vents in your home to enter. Commonly used vents by birds are your dryer vent and attic fan.
The professionals at Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control are trained to humanely handle bird control situations in the Jessup area. If wildlife finds a way into your Jessup home, our technicians will be able to remove the animals from your home as well. We will then identify where the critters entered your home to avoid future infestations. All methods and techniques used by Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control are humane and avoid stress and harm to the animal being removed. Never try to remove the animals on your own. This could cause harm to both you and the animal. To get started with Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control for bird removal and control services for the Jessup area, call us today at 443-417-3137 or visit our online contact page. We are available, so never hesitate to call. We are also available on weekends and holidays as well. Follow Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control today on Google+, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook.
Mice and rats are a common problem throughout the state of Maryland, and Jessup is no different. If there is a dry place for the rodent to sleep and plenty of food for the rodent to eat, then rodents will remain present in the area. Sometimes, especially during the colder months and after heavy rains, rodents will find their way into your Jessup home. While some may think that the rodents are harmless, they would be incorrect. Rats and mice can carry a number of harmful diseases, and the risk can remain even after the rodent has been caught.
Rodents and Disease
Diseases carried and caused by rodents in the Jessup area include:
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome- Caused by either direct contact or the breathing in of contaminated urine or feces left by the rodents, HPS will affect the respiratory system of an infected human.
- Leptospirosis- Infection can occur after a human consumes food or water that has been contaminated by urine or feces from the rodent. Infection can also occur if contaminated soil or water comes in direct contact with a human’s mucus membrane or skin. The disease has a number of symptoms that can very often mimic those of other diseases and infections. The disease can lead to a number of complications including kidney and liver damage and failure.
- Rat-Bite Fever- Infection can occur after contact with a dead rodent, a bite or scratch from a rodent, or breathing in contaminates from a rodent. Symptoms include pain in muscles and joints as well as vomiting and a noticeable rash.
- Salmonellosis- A form of Salmonella, infection occurs after contaminated food and water are consumed. The individual will then experience severe cramps in their abdomen and severe diarrhea.
Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control
If you believe your Jessup home is infested with rodents, call a specialist at Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control. Our technicians are trained to identify the source of your rodent problem as well as assist you in the exclusion of the rodents and the prevention of further infestations. To get started with Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control, call us today at 443-417-3137. We are available, so never hesitate to call. You can also visit our contact page. Find us on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest today. Source: http://www.cdc.gov/rodents/diseases/direct.html *The writer of this article is not a medical professional. Information contained herein has been collected from sources believed to be reliable, and every precaution has been taken to ensure its accuracy. The information provided here is for general informational purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for professional medical care.