Squirrels wreaking havoc in your attic? Let Mid-Atlantic Wildlife Control get rid of them quickly and responsibly. We specialize in humane squirrel removal services in Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Washington, DC, and help clients in Potomac, Annapolis, Carroll County, Ellicott City, Eldersburg, Westminster, Bethesda, and many other locations in the mid-Atlantic region.
How We Solve Your Squirrel Problem
Mid-Atlantic Wildlife Control provides the full range of solutions for all of your squirrel problems. Here is how we approach squirrel removal in Maryland:
- Inspection: we will thoroughly examine your home to locate squirrel entry points and assess the damage.
- Exclusion: our technicians will install one-way doors over the entry points so that squirrels can exit but not return.
- Removal: we will remove any squirrels that remain inside your attic or walls by safely trapping them. We can also relocate squirrels that live in nearby trees.
- Damage repair: we will permanently seal the entry holes made by squirrels.
- Disinfection and cleanup: we will clean up the aftermath of the squirrel infestation.
- Squirrel-proofing: we will install squirrel-proof ventilation covers, such as chimney caps, gable vents, attic fan covers, dryer vent covers, stove exhaust vent covers, and bathroom exhaust vent covers.
If you have invasive squirrels running through your attic or inside the walls, contact us to schedule an appointment with one of our professional Maryland wildlife control technicians and receive immediate help.
HOW MID-ATLANTIC HELPS OUR CUSTOMERS
“We have had virtually no problems with squirrels for the past year since Mid-Atlantic Wildlife Control trapped the squirrels that ripped up our fascia board and were living in our attic. We are very pleased with the repair work that Mid-Atlantic Wildlife Control did. We would highly recommend this company.”
Edward Barns, Potomac, MD
Squirrels in the Attic
Squirrels often enter attics in the cold months looking for a warm and safe place to spend winter.
And it’s not just one squirrel—your attic can easily get invaded by 10 or more squirrels at once, whether it’s a group of males or a mother with her young. To get inside, squirrels chew holes in fascia boards, soffits, gable vents, and even rooftops. While squirrels are good climbers, home siding is usually too slippery for them. However, they can easily leap to your roof from a nearby tree.
Once in your attic, squirrels will shred whatever soft materials they can find (think insulation) to make nests. They will also gnaw on hard surfaces like wooden beams and wiring to keep their front teeth from overgrowing. Squirrels are responsible for a lot of house fires and are a serious nuisance. In fact, our wildlife control technicians discover electrical wiring that has been chewed by squirrels in 75% of the homes that they conduct squirrel evictions in. If you suspect there are squirrels in your attic, call your local Maryland squirrel removal expert at once if you want to prevent major damage.
Squirrels in the Walls
If you hear odd sounds inside your walls or ceiling, don’t delay calling Mid-Atlantic Wildlife Control.
Flying squirrels are a lot smaller than your average squirrel and can easily fit through a hole as small as ½ inch in diameter. They also favor the attic, but sometimes they get stuck inside the walls, causing ongoing rustling and scratching noises. They may also stash food in the wall cavities, which can stain drywall, as well as attract other unwanted critters such as insects and mice. To locate a trapped squirrel without tearing up the entire wall, our technicians use inspection cameras that can be inserted into a one-inch hole.
If you hear any odd sounds inside your walls or ceiling, don’t delay calling a Maryland animal control company. Most squirrels find man-made surfaces too slick to climb, and flying squirrels can’t really fly up from the bottom of the wall. If you ignore the scratching, you may end up with a dead animal and an awful smell. Rescuing trapped squirrels in time both saves animal lives and eliminates a messy cleanup.
Squirrels in the Chimney
Don’t light a fire if you have squirrels in your chimney, call Mid-Atlantic Wildlife Control!
If you have squirrels living in nearby trees or in your attic, they will probably check out your chimney at some point. Some squirrels even make nests inside chimneys, while others just climb in out of curiosity, unable to get out. If you have a squirrel living or trapped in your chimney, you would hear noises just above your fireplace. Do not light a fire if that’s the case and call Mid-Atlantic Wildlife Control right away. Extracting a squirrel out of a chimney can be a tricky process, but our trained technicians have done it successfully many times.
How to Know if There are Squirrels in Your Home:
- Scratching noise and racket during the entry process and den construction
- Loud noises during early morning hours and before the sun sets (or late at night for flying squirrels)
- Pieces of attic insulation on the ground next to the home
- Flickering lights due to squirrels chewing on wires
- Unpleasant smells or visible ceiling staining from squirrel urine and feces
- Mold or water damage due to rain dripping through the entry holes
There are two squirrel species common in Maryland: the Eastern Gray Squirrel and the Flying Squirrel. Both species can be found in Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Silver Spring, Annapolis, and throughout the mid-Atlantic region. They are different in appearance and easy to tell apart. However, despite being furry and cute, they can be a real nuisance for a Maryland homeowner.
In addition to our squirrel removal services, we also provide a range of other animal removal services, such as:
Click the button below to get help right away and get squirrel removal services!