People find raccoons cute until one ruins their attic or yard. If you think a raccoon is infesting your home or property, check for the signs of raccoon damage. Mid-Atlantic Wildlife Removal will gladly remove raccoons from your residence. Mid-Atlantic Wildlife Removal offers services across the state of Maryland, including Montgomery County.
Signs of Raccoon Damage in Montgomery County
Raccoons damage everything from your house to your yard. Raccoons also transmit rabies and ringworm, two deadly diseases you’ll want to avoid. Sure signs of raccoon damage include:
- A wrecked garden
- An overturned trashcan with scattered garbage around it
- You hear raccoons in your chimney and attic
- Torn insulation is on the ground outside
One of the major signs of raccoon damage in Montgomery County is a torn-off soffit from older homes. If you have an older home, replace your soffits and other vents before raccoons enter your home!
Signs of Raccoon Damage Inside Your House
Raccoons forage opportunistically for food. If no food is readily available, raccoons dig for worms, insects, and flower bulbs. One of the signs of raccoon damage outside is a torn-up garden or yard. And, of course, raccoons eat trash. Raccoons regularly outsmart human adaptations to keep their trash lids closed. After prying open lids, raccoons eat scraps and leftovers. Raccoons usually knock over trash cans rummaging for food.
Raccoons walk on the entire surface of their feet, not just the toes like dogs. Raccoon tracks resemble a handprint with five relatively equal-sized toes. With snow or mud, you can quickly tell raccoon tracks from those of deer or your pets.
Leave Removing Raccoons To Us
You may want to try to tackle the problem yourself, but trained professionals should handle wildlife control. It’s hard to know how to get rid of raccoons without experience. Trying to remove raccoons yourself poses:
- Risks of injury to both yourself and the animals
- The possibility of accidentally killing the animals
- Scared animals further damaging your property
- You or your family could contract rabies or raccoon ringworm
We know exactly how to get rid of raccoons and ensure that they don’t come back afterward. Our raccoon removal services consist of:
- Finding and sealing raccoon entry points
- Trapping and removal, without harm to the animal
- Fluid treatment of barriers
- Removal of dead animals
- Cleaning and restoring attics or crawlspaces the raccoons invaded
- Raccoon-proofing your house and yard with various tools and products