Marriottsville residents take pride in their homes. They will do whatever is necessary to protect their homes and prevent any possible damage. What some Marriottsville residents will fail to do is take the precautions needed for squirrel prevention. Squirrel prevention is essential to avoid squirrel infestation in your Marriottsville home. Although squirrels may seem small and harmless, they can cause serious and expensive damage to your home and structure.
What is Squirrel Prevention?
Squirrel prevention are simple steps homeowners can take to prevent squirrels from entering their Marriottsville home, causing severe damage. Some squirrel prevention steps include:
- Search your home for possible entrance points for squirrels. Crack, holes, and gaps should be filled in immediately to prevent squirrels from entering your home.
- If trees are in your Marriottsville home, make sure the tree branches cannot reach your roof. Trim back branches to prevent squirrels from using them to reach your roof.
- Remove stacked firewood from the side of your home. Firewood against the house will give the squirrels a way to reach other areas of your home they normally couldn’t.
- Remove any food source within your yard. Squirrels love bird feed, so remove any feeders you may have. Keep food near open windows sealed tightly.
- Install guards for your gutters. This will eliminate a potential entry point for squirrels trying to reach your home.
- Use mesh wiring to prevent squirrels from entering your garden and climbing the trees in your yard.
Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control Squirrel Prevention
The professionals at Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control are trained to humanely handle squirrel prevention situations in the Marriottsville and Howard County areas. If squirrels find a way into your Marriottsville home, our technicians will be able to remove the animals from your home as well. We will then identify where the squirrels entered your home to avoid future infestations. All methods and techniques used by Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control are humane and avoid stress and harm to the animal being removed. Never try to remove the animals on your own. This could cause harm to both you and the animal. To get started with Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control for squirrel prevention, call us today at 443-417-3137 or visit our online contact page. We are available, so never hesitate to call. We are also available on weekends and holidays as well. Follow Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control today on Google+, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook.