Columbia homeowners and residents are no strangers to the Eastern Gray Squirrel roaming around. Squirrels are commonly found creatures throughout the state of Maryland, especially in Columbia, and have learned to coexist with humans without much problem. However, there are occasions when squirrels find their way into a Columbia home, leaving Columbia residents in need of squirrel removal services. Columbia residents tend to have questions regarding squirrel removal, but are never sure who to ask or what to do. Here are some commonly asked questions surrounding squirrel removal:
- Why has a squirrel entered my home? Squirrels are first attracted to your home if they are provided with a food source. Food provided for domestic pets, bird feeders, and even home gardens can provide a suitable food source for the squirrel. As they continue to explore the area, they may come across an opening in your roof, siding, or basement that allows them access into your Columbia home. The warmth of your home provides the squirrel with a safe place to take shelter during the harsher winter months.
- Why is the squirrel a problem? While squirrels may appear small and cute, they can cause serious damage to your Columbia home and property. Squirrels continuously chew on materials to prevent their front teeth from growing too long. This means that soffits in your attic along with any wooden beams, electric lines, or personal property, could be chewed through by a squirrel.
- How can I remove the squirrel on my own? Squirrels are small and can fit themselves in hard to reach places, including behind your walls. Squirrels will also attack out of defense if they feel threatened. This means that any squirrel removal should be conducted by a trained professional through a humane wildlife removal company, such as Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control.
- What are signs of squirrel activity? Columbia residents normally report hearing a scratching noise coming from the infested area. They also notice flickering lights from where the squirrels have chewed through electrical cables and wiring.
The professionals at Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control are trained to humanely handle wildlife control situations in the Columbia area. If wildlife finds a way into your Columbia home, our technicians will be able to remove the animals from your home as well. We will then identify where the critters entered your home to avoid future infestations. All methods and techniques used by Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control are humane and avoid stress and harm to the animal being removed. Never try to remove the animals on your own. This could cause harm to both you and the animal. To get started with Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control for squirrel removal and control services for the Columbia area, call us today at 443-417-3137 or visit our online contact page. We are available, so never hesitate to call. We are also available on weekends and holidays as well. Follow Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control today on Google+, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook.
When it comes to hiring a wildlife control provider, many Columbia residents have plenty of questions, but never ask them. It is important to know the company you choose to help with your wildlife control needs, which is why asking questions is essential when you make your call. Here are some commonly asked questions surrounding wildlife removal that your provider should be able to answer.
- Will the county or city help with wildlife removal free of charge? The animal control provided by the government is typically only for cases of dogs and cats. These cases usually include excessive barking, biting, and animal abuse. Some wildlife removal cases may be covered by the government; however it wouldn’t be the same as a humane wildlife removal company like Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control. With a humane wildlife removal company, the animals are removed safely and an inspection of your home then occurs.
- What happens with the wildlife once removed? This depends on the wildlife removal situation. If the animal is sick or diseased, certain laws may require the animal to be euthanized. In most cases, the animal is released into its natural habitat, away from urbanization.
- What type of wildlife do you remove? Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control removes a number of different creatures including; Raccoons, bats, squirrels, skunks, opossums, foxes, and birds.
- Are you licensed? A reputable wildlife removal provider should be licensed by the state in which it serves. Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control is fully insured and licensed by the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, the Pennsylvania Game Commission, Delaware Fish & Game and Virginia Fish & Game.
The professionals at Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control are trained to humanely handle wildlife control situations in the Columbia area. If wildlife finds a way into your Columbia home, our technicians will be able to remove the animals from your home as well. We will then identify where the critters entered your home to avoid future infestations. All methods and techniques used by Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control are humane and avoid stress and harm to the animal being removed. Never try to remove the animals on your own. This could cause harm to both you and the animal. To get started with Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control for removal and control services for the Columbia area, call us today at 443-417-3137 or visit our online contact page. We are available, so never hesitate to call. We are also available on weekends and holidays as well. Follow Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control today on Google+, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook.
Most of the homes, apartment complexes, condominiums, and office buildings in Columbia, Maryland have wooden soffits and fascia boards making it easy for squirrels to get in the attic or crawl space. Many communities in Columbia have large trees in close proximity to the house giving squirrels an easy way to access the roof line. However squirrels are able to climb up the side of a home that has a brick, stone or wooden façade. Once squirrels are running across the roof you will soon have to learn how to get squirrels out of the attic or you will have to contact a Howard County squirrel removal expert / Howard County squirrel control expert / Howard County animal expert at 240-599-6815. Howard County wildlife removal professionals will conduct a squirrel inspection to determine what the extent of your squirrel infestation is and determine if squirrel trapping is need or determine how much damage was caused by squirrels and if you need squirrel damage repair. Many Columbia home owners contact attic cleanup professionals (443-417-3137) if squirrels are living in the attic to have squirrel feces cleanup in the attic or to have an attic clean out or attic insulation removal done. Howard County squirrel removal professionals and Howard County squirrel control professionals agree that squirrels living in attics create a fire hazard when squirrels gnaw on the electrical wiring in attics. To learn more about the fire hazards squirrels create contact the Columbia Fire Department at 6751 Columbia Gateway Drive, Columbia, MD 21046 or call their non-emergency number at 410-313-6000 or visit them at 10155 Old Columbia Road, Columbia, MD 21046 or call their non-emergency number at 410-313-7310. You can also visit their website at http://www.co.ho.md.us/Departments.aspx?Id=6442458306 . Squirrel damage to electrical wiring can also cause power outages. To learn more about squirrels causing electrical power loss visit http://www.jamesrussellpublishing.biz/squirrel%20problem.html. Animal removal companies in Howard County (443-417-3137) are the best choice to make if you want to remove squirrels from the attic. These animal control professionals will provide humane squirrel trapping services and provide complete squirrel damage repairs and attic cleanup and install attic insulation when needed.
Bats are often times seen by society as a nuisance and a creature that should be feared. When a bat is spotted, the first thing an individual may reach for is a broom or some blunt object to harm the bat. But did you know that bats are actually very important to the balance of our environment and ecosystem.
Bats are essential when it comes to our ecosystem and its overall health. Bats have a diet that includes many insects that tend to cause problems for farmers and individuals. Bats also aid in the pollination of numerous plants and seeds throughout North America. In Maryland alone we have 10 different species of bats that help balance our ecosystem and provide benefits to our local environment. While bats provide benefits to our environment, that doesn’t necessarily mean we want them as pets in our Columbia home. Bats tend to find their way into our attics, chimneys, and even basements, especially during the hot temperatures of summer. Bats may seem small and harmless, but these little bodied creatures can cause significant damage to your home as well as carry harmful diseases. Bats are known carriers of rabies and histoplasmosis disease as well as bed and bat bugs that can infest your home. If you believe your house has become the home to bats, do not panic. Call the specialists at Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control. Our technicians are trained and skilled in the humane removal of the following species of bats:
- Evening Bat
- Eastern Pipistrelle
- Indiana Bat
- Little Brown Bat
- Big Brown Bat
- Eastern Small-Footed Bat
- Northern Long-Eared Bat
- Silver-Haired Bat
- Eastern Red Bat
- Hoary Bat
Our technicians will also evaluate the damage to your home and recognize possible ways a bat could reenter your house. We will then work with you to discuss preventative measures that could be taken as well as damage control. Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control specialists are available never hesitate to call us when bats become an issue in your Columbia home. To contact our trained team, call us at 443.417.3137 or click here for our contact page. You can also begin to follow Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control on Pinterest, Google+, Facebook, and Twitter. Source: http://www.crittercontrol.com/facts/animals/bats/