While raccoons may seem like adorable and harmless creatures living within the Carroll County area, they can also cause serious health hazards for the community. This is because raccoons are known to carry several parasites and diseases, presenting potential health hazards to domestic pets and humans they might interact with. Here are some of the potential health hazards of raccoons:
- Rabies- One of the more obvious and likely health hazards posed by raccoons in Carroll County is the threat of rabies. Should an infected raccoon bite or scratch you or your pet, medical attention will be needed or else fatality could ensue.
- Leptospirosis- This is one of the health hazards that doesn’t require direct contact with the raccoon. This bacterial infection can be spread through contact with the secretions or urine of an infected raccoon. This means that contamination could occur and you wouldn’t be aware right away.
- Ticks/Fleas- Raccoons are known to carry fleas and ticks on their fur, which could lead to an infestation in your Carroll County home. Fleas and ticks can then lead to other diseases such as lyme disease.
- Raccoon Roundworm- Also known as Baylisascaris procyonis, this parasite is spread through the droppings of raccoons and can lead to serious health problems if infected. The larva begins in the raccoon and is excreted in a raccoon latrine. If droppings are outside, your child or pet could become exposed.
- Giardiasis-This infection can occur should raccoons infect nearby soil or water. When this happens, surrounding families could be facing health hazards should they touch the soil or water.
The professionals at Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control are trained to humanely handle raccoon control situations in the Carroll County area. If wildlife finds a way into your Carroll County home, our technicians will be able to remove the animals from your home as well. We will then identify where the critters entered your home to avoid future infestations. All methods and techniques used by Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control are humane and avoid stress and harm to the animal being removed. Never try to remove the animals on your own. This could cause harm to both you and the animal. To get started with Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control for raccoon removal and control services for the Carroll County area, call us today at 443-417-3137 or visit our online contact page. We are available, so never hesitate to call. We are also available on weekends and holidays as well. Follow Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control today on Google+, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook. Source: http://goo.gl/oeQ4kH