Shady Side is a charming community located in Anne Arundel County in Maryland. Half of the community settles alongside the watershed of the Chesapeake Bay with parks throughout the town including Shadyside Park, Jack Creek Park, and Churchton Recreation Area. With the water and wooded areas within the community, wildlife is sure to be seen throughout Shady Side. With wildlife comes the diseases and parasites the different species can carry that most people don’t realize are a threat. If wildlife finds its way into your Shady Side home, diseases and parasites will be a bigger threat to you and your family, even your pets. The best way to protect yourself and family is to understand the diseases and parasites that come with each species of commonly found wildlife.
- Raccoon- Raccoons are known to be one of the main carriers of the rabies, a disease that attacks the central nervous system of those infected. The feces of raccoons can also carry the larva of raccoon roundworms.
- Fox- As a mammal, foxes can be carries of the rabies disease as well. The feces of foxes can also carry tapeworm and tapeworm larva. There are several different types of tapeworms and they can cause serious health complications if left untreated.
- Snake- Like most reptiles, snakes can carry salmonella. This bacteria can cause serious stomach ramps, diarrhea, and fever within humans.
- Skunk- Skunks can carry rabies as well as leptospirosis, a bacterial infection that can lead to severe kidney and liver damage along with meningitis, and respiratory problems.
- Bat- Bats are hosts of bed and bat bugs. As they enter your home, these bugs can infest your home and cause their own problems. Bats can also carry rabies and their feces can cause histoplasmosis, an infection that attacks the lungs.
- Squirrel- While squirrels may seem the most harmless because they are seen most often, they can carry diseases and parasites as well. Squirrels can carry rabies, salmonella, and even typhus, which occurs very rarely. Squirrels can also be hosts to mites, fleas, and lice.
To find out more about the different diseases and their symptoms, click here. If you believe you and your family are at risk because of wildlife, call the specialists at Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control. Our technicians are trained to remove wildlife from your Shady Side home and property using the most humane and sanitary methods available. We specialize in the removal of the previously mentioned wildlife animals along with a number of others. To view a full list of our services for the Shady Side area, click here. To get started with Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control today, call us at 443-417-3137 oat anytime. You can also visit our online contact page. Speak to our professionals to find out how to protect against diseases and parasites caused by wildlife in the Shady Side area. Follow Mid Atlantic Wildlife Control today on Google+, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook.